One of the most common questions around the world is the actual nutritional value of coffee. Each morning coffee is consumed at vast quantities by people who rely on this beverage to wake up. But as the day goes by, coffee consumption continues on its upward trajectory, whether to maintain the required power levels or to accompany professional or personal appointments. Coffee is a major source of market income, boasting both fanatics and opponents.
Very often coffee has been blamed for a lot of potential negative consequences. But is coffee the embodiment of pure evil? Definitely no! Let us have a look at both the negative and positive elements arising from the consumption of coffee. As a result, everyone will be able to determine more comprehensively as to whether or not drinking coffee is a great and beneficial choice for the future.
Potential Dangers of Coffee
- The quality of coffee: One of the major points to be assessed in relation to coffee is its overall quality. Fair trade and the rules governing such market strategies ensure that coffee cultivation and production conditions lead to the highest quality standards. If these rules are not respected, however, dangers for our health lurk in the dark.
- Anxiety: Of course, coffee is a stimulant. This is why it wakes us in the morning and fills us with the required energy whenever we need it. On the other hand, this attribute makes coffee an ambiguous beverage in cases of already elevated stress levels and high blood pressure.
- Hormonal disorders: Hormones play an important role in our overall health. Coffee may disorient hormones and therefore it can be fatal to the deregulation of our inner balance.
- Sleep disorders: As a stimulant, coffee can aggravate insomnia problems. For this reason we should decrease its consumption during the last hours of the day.
- Problems with the stomach: Those who do not digest coffee well, tend to suffer. Coffee is an alkaline food and this should be considered before its consumption.
Benefits of Coffee
- Anticancer properties: It has been proven through scientific research that coffee may offer anticancer benefits. Therefore, for some cancers, coffee may be a well-esteemed remedy.
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome: As a beverage, coffee has the ability to reduce blood sugar levels and help in weight loss, even in small to moderate amounts.
- Performance: Whether you are an athlete or need higher performance in spirit or body, coffee can help you to a great extent. It enhances the performance of athletes and therefore is a natural tool for coaches everywhere.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Finally, coffee has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body. Consequently, overall health of each of us may be significantly improved by coffee consumption.
It is very important to bear in mind the fact that many negative effects of coffee have to do with the addition of sugar, milk and cream, as well as many syrups etc. Therefore, one has to take into account that before rushing to blame coffee as an unhealthy choice!
Best of Health,